Our Story

1879

 

Emile Biedermann, the first of the line, trains in Vienna (Austria) and passes his Meisterprüfung (Master Carpenter diploma). Upon his return to Switzerland, he begins his career near Geneva, in Chêne-Bougeries.

1886

 

He establishes his company and develops his business in the Trois-Chêne region.

1906

 

He builds the current registered office, the workshops and the family’s home in chemin Deluc. Following in his father’s footsteps, his son takes over the company. Despite the very difficult economic context during and between the two world wars, the company experiences notable expansion.

1968

 

The third Emile succeeds his father. He obtains two federal masters degrees (joiner-carpenter) and continues to develop the family business.

1988

 

Marc Biedermann is now at the head of the company. He modernizes and structures the company by introducing high-tech methods of production and reorganizing the internal structure of the company. At the same time, he drives a participative management program as well as a training and development program that reinforces team spirit and employee expertise.

1996

 

The sole ownership company changes status and becomes Biedermann SA.

2004

 

The company celebrates its 125th anniversary.